Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cancun旅遊 09/21/2011---照片part 1



Day5, 09/21/2011:

In the morning, we rode in the same van for an hour to visit the historic Chichen itza. The history of this place is lengthy. I saw one classmate in the group constantly taking notes when the tour guide gave us a general history and background about the site. I personally do not pay much attention to historic events and therefore cannot write much about it. You can go on web to read more if you want:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichen_Itza

On this day, most of us felt itchy on our legs from the mosquito bite during downtown visit the day before. I saw at least 20 red spots on both of my legs. To prevent further bites, we belatedly applied mosquito repellent and kept our body in constant motion.

Ik Kil Sinkhole is a place one should never miss when touring Cancun. People come here to dive and swim in a giant sink hole. Most of us in the group jumped into the water and enjoyed greatly the beauty of this nature. I asked the life guard about the depth of the hole. “50 meters,” he said. I cringed at his reply but decided to climb down the ladder (instead of dive) to the water anyway. I supposed I could swim across the hole diameter for fun, but my instinct held me back, constantly reminding me I am not young anymore. Anh Huan is a good swimmer. Had he done so, I would probably have followed him.

However the excitement swimming rendered in the water, in the back of my mind, it is after all a sink hole with possible unknown “stuff” deep under the water. The haunting feeling was always there and finally discouraged me to stay in the water after about half an hour. It was an equally thrilling experience to swim in the hole as in the underground rivers….just so wonderful…

In the late afternoon on the highway we experienced the first and only thunder storm in the whole trip. Not too long the sky became clear and sunny again when the driver dropped us off at a supermarket to buy food for the night. You see how lucky we were!

At night, Khuan Bo continued to tell more jokes at our dinner table set by the beach. We ate, drank, talked and laughed, followed by another lap of swimming in the pool before we returned to our room to pack our stuff for the next day’s check out.

請稍等两分鐘全部下載...






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment